Scott Steckly Racing
Nascar Canadian Tire Series Schedule Announced
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Dec. 17, 2014) :NASCAR announced today the 2015 schedule for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1.
The nationwide slate features 11 dates across five provinces and includes seven oval and four road course events.
“The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series is the national series of Canada, and this schedule once again gives fans from across the country a chance to catch the exciting competition,” said George Silbermann, NASCAR vice president for regional and touring series. “From Alberta to Nova Scotia, the series will once again visit many of the premiere racing facilities Canada has to offer.”
The season will open at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park’s road course for the third year in a row on May 17, and the series will return there on Aug. 30 to join the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Kawartha Speedway has played host to the last race on the schedule each year of the Canadian Tire Series’ existence, and that tradition will continue in 2015 with the Sept. 19 season finale.
The remainder of the 2015 schedule includes:
· Premiere road course dates in Quebec at Circuit ICAR (July 5) and Circuit de Trois-Rivieres (Aug. 2).
· Traditional visits to NASCAR-sanctioned weekly tracks Autodrome St-Eustache (July 25) in Quebec and Barrie Speedway (Sept. 12) in Ontario.
· Annual western swing once again features Alberta’s Edmonton International Raceway (July 11) – also a NASCAR-sanctioned oval – and Saskatoon’s Auto Clearing Motor Speedway (July 15).
· A return to Quebec’s Autodrome Chaudiere (June 13) following 2014’s exciting inaugural event.
· The ninth annual visit to the Maritimes and Riverside International Speedway in Nova Scotia (Aug. 15).
L.P. Dumoulin will be the defending Canadian Tire Series champion in 2015. The Quebec native was formally recognized for his first series title last week as part of the NASCAR Touring Awards at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, N.C.
NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications